Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grateful For what I have

I was reading an article (Untitled

http://www.saltlakemagazine.com/Salt-Lake-Magazine/February-2009/The-mountain/)

and they have this quote “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.” How this hit home. I am so blessed that I often sit in AWE. In another part of the article is states "During this new year and every day you live, thank God if you can see the sunlight when you wake, as there are many who are blind. When you sit down to a meal, give thanks, for there are many who are hungry. Give thanks for your family and friends, for many are alone. Thank the Lord for your job and co-workers, for there are many with no job." During these troubled times we are often wondering why US, why ME, why not somebody else. We always need to evaluate our situation and seek the learning that this trial will bring or the sweetness we will enjoy later because we know the sour. Life is hard but we do not have to become hard. If you look down and see your feet, do not complain because you do not have shoes but praise God for the feet you have and the ability to put one foot in front of the other. To all those that dont have shoes, we should seek after shoes but do not lose site that you have feet. Improve your life so that you can improve others, once you have a pair of shoes be happy help those that don't have shoes or feet.
I am rambling...I hope you get the point of what I trying to say.

Just a few thoughts in my words,

Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment