Friday, January 2, 2009

2009, so far so good

Today was the second day of 2009. I had the week off and I enjoyed the time with my wife and boys. We are in the middle of building a cool snow fort and will finish it up tomorrow. The fort reminds me of when I was a boy in Alaska and we would spend days building the awesomest forts. Sometimes I wish my boys could taste a little bit of my childhood. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that my boys have what they have and are growing up with lots of family and friends here in Utah. But I had it good as a boy. We lived in Willow, Alaska next to a big blue lake. We had four wheelers and a canoe to explore many of the lakes that Alaska has to offer. If you had any type of adventure in you then it was your paridise, and how I basked in it.

Enough about that, I will reminis later. Tomorrow should be fun. I am going to go shooting with the boys. My dad gave me a new gun a couple of months ago and I have yet to shoot it. The boys are going to take their 22s and BB guns out. I am going to try and get Julie to fire a shot or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment