Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holidays Are over

Well it is back to work. It seems like you can take a vacation but the work just piles up. Things are starting to back into their routine.. School, work, and church callings.

Colbyn has been doing home school for the last couple of months because he was getting sick a lot. We took him into the doctor and we were not able to figure out what was going on. So we think it has to do with anxiety (going into Junior High). He is going to be starting back up in a few days and he is really excited.

I can not blame him. When I was a kid, JH scared the crap out of me. I remember catching the bus at 5:30 Am in Willow, AK for 6:55 AM class at Wasilla Junior High. I would wake up around 5 AM to the sweat voice of my mom telling me it was time to start the day. We were 30 miles from the school so the bus ride took about 45 minutes. Junior High was a lot of fun, I did not have to stay in the same class with the same kids. So many more things to do, but that dang locker. To this day I get frustrated with those stupid combos.

One of the reasons we started so early was because there was only one Junior High for our area and we had to double shift. That made is so I would get out at 12 and home by 1. The rest of my brothers and sisters did not get home for a couple more hours. So Mom and I had some good moments together, we even got hooked on a soap opera (one life to live). And to this day that is still a close thing between my mother and me...I love her so much.

That is just a few thoughts in my words,

Lance

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You are such a good daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It was gun seeing you yesterday. I cannot believe how big the boys are getting. Alix..9?!?! When did that happen? Love you.

    ReplyDelete