Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Old Photos

We are in the middle of building a couple of bedrooms and a bathroom in our basement for the move in of Cecile (mother-in-law). In the effort of doing this we have been forced to do some cleaning. While I was looking into old boxes and trying to figure out what to keep, chuck, or give to DI, I fount a ton of old photos. Some from when Colbyn was a baby and others from my mission and Julie's high school years. I love old photos, it brings back such a rush of emotions from that one instant caught in time. I am so glad that I caught a lot of those moments on film, I can not imagine living before the camera when all you had was your memories and once they were lost there was nothing to retrieve them. Photos remind you of those memories that have faded, it was a good time and it showed me how blessed I really am. I know that this blog is ironic, figuring that I dont have any photos up yet. But I will get some up soon.
On another note, I just found out that my sister Tracy is going to have a baby. That is awesome and I look forward to having another NIECE/nephew. Tracy is a great mom and Matt is a proud Dad and this one will be lucky to call them Mom and Dad. With this good news we also are reminded of some in our family that are having a tough time having childen. I dont know why this is, why Father in Heaven has blessed some with children and others with the challenge of not. But I do know that He loves us, and all things are possible. I could go on and on about this but I dont think I know enough to shed any more light on the subject. But I do want to say this. I pray for those in my family that can not have kids every day. I pray for their faith to continue and the hope to endure this time of trial. I can not sympothize, for I have no idea what they are going though. But I have felt pain, pain of the spirit and there is no cure besides the light of our Savior. May God Bless.

Just a few thoughts in my words,

Lance

1 comment:

  1. Lance...thank you for telling the whole world! We have only told family so far...let's hope you don't have a huge readership right now. Love you big mouth...

    ReplyDelete