Sunday, January 4, 2009

9 AM church, 4 kids ready in 90 minutes

Today we started Church at 9am. This used to be a lot harder then it is now. But our kids are getting older and more self sufficient. Colbyn even helps out getting the other kids ready, that means I can sleep in an additional 5 minutes.
I am teaching the 11 year old class. We got some new students today and they are a good group of kids. My last bunch were 6 boys and they all had ADD (not really but I swear they could all use some drugs). The hard part about today was that our baby (Ian) is now in Primary. We no longer have any kids in nursery. In a way it was hard but it is good that a this chapter of our life has closed and the next one opens.
Colbyn and I did fast offerings today in the zero degree weather. It was cold but I love going out with Colbyn and watching him exercise his priesthood. He truly is a good kid and so much better then his Dad was at that age. I was a good kid but was clueless as to the deep secrets of life, Colbyn aspires to know all things and practice that which is good.
Julie substituted with me today, I still do not have another person called to teach with me and the church has a policy that you can not have one teacher. I love having her by my side.
After Church I took Norma (our golden retriever) our for a walk. It was cold but I had to get her out so that she could get some exercise. While I was out I took a moment to look at the lake and there was such a peace (freezing peace but a peace nonetheless). I truly am grateful for all I have. I give thanks to my Father in Heaven for the small things that often go unnoticed, they are countless.
Just my words, Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment